We sometimes hear from our clients that they know they should “do sensory research,” but they are not quite sure how it fits or what it does. So for those of you who are also wondering about it, here’s our Sensory 101.
What it does
Sensory research identifies the unique & compelling characteristics of the product. It also ensures that those attributes remain consistent and continue to deliver against consumer expectations.
How it’s used
- Provides objective, data-driven assessment products
- Uncovers how the product’s attributes are perceived
- Identifies how to optimize the product for the desired usage experience
- Ensures consistency throughout ingredient or manufacturing changes
- Benchmarks against the competitive set